Sunday, February 20, 2011

Free Theatre: The Importance of Being Earnest

Hello!

If you are getting this email it is because I thought you might be interested to know that I am performing in a play this week. It is Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest and it is really a very fun and witty comedy. The production company is Utah Shakespeare in the Park - a company devoted to bringing free, entertaining classical theatre pieces to the community in found spaces. We have performed at the Orem Library three times this week to enthusiastic audiences. The show is free and runs just over 90 minutes and has three more performances in three different venues. If you received a flyer last week some of the performances have changed... the following are the correct remaining days, times and venues.

***
Monday 2/21 at 7 p.m.
Provo Beach Resort at the Shops at Riverwoods
4801 North University Ave. #210 - Provo, UT 84604
(Behind the Malawi's Pizza)

Friday 2/25 at 7 p.m.
Orem Library Storytelling Wing
58 N State St - Orem UT 84057

Saturday 2/26 8 p.m.
BYU Campus - Joseph F. Smith Building Rm. B092
Provo UT 84606
***

No worries if you can't attend - I just wanted to get the word out and get it out correctly. I fell in love with this play when I was thirteen, and it can probably be appreciated on some level by kids a little younger than that - but it is very focused on witty dialogue so you might want to keep that in mind when deciding whether to bring kids. The performance tomorrow at Provo Beach Resort will be the most unconventional as the stage is basically in the middle of all the action of the arcade and ropes course, etc. Some people have suggested that this may be the best option if you must bring young kids as they will not be the only distraction. If you want a quieter more focused viewing experience I would recommend the other two performances.

Julie Doud

PS. If you are not interested in hearing about future productions I am involved in, as I inevitably will be... please just let me know and I will drop you from future communication of this kind.  Likewise if there is someone you know who you think would like to know about this sort of thing but who I have neglected to inform, please forward this on and have them contact me and I will include them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment